Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blog officialy opens

4th of April 2009

I woke up at 10, went for breakfast and than started work on the pavement. It seems to be ancient but it's probably of a more recent date but still I don't understand how it was done because it seems every time I put one piece in, another sticks out. But I want to finish this pavement so that the picture of the small one room church that the family has keys to is perfect. Right now because the “comune” decided to work under the pavement and didn’t put it back once it finished it looks under construction. During this time the girls, Bruna, Luisa and Lindsey were preparing some delicious pastas, ravioli and cakes.

And as everyday someone I didn't know showed up for lunch and started discussing passionately with Pepe and Bruna so at some point everyone was talking. It's something that I like about this place, that everybody seems so comfortable at the table and able to speak with such passion probably about small things but from what I've been able to make out also about subjects as religion and existence.

Anyway, even though the seeding season hasn't started here yet we went to pick up a plow from the field and brought it at home so that means Pepe is expecting to start work on seeding soon. After that was out of the way we went to search for mushrooms that Pepe calls “morghelle”. I had one before at the other farm and they are very tasty even uncooked. But we didn't find any, this time probably because of the cold.

This was the day when I got a ride to the family's private home not to far from the farm and agriturismo itself, about 10 minutes walking and got to use the Internet. So on the 4th o April the “La Canestra” blog opens officially on the world wide web. I just have to move the contents, I wrote so far on Luisa's computer, on the blog. Can't wait to share all of this with my friends and family and I hope this will be a useful tool for future volunteers coming to “La Canestra”.

Radu Burtescu - Romania, Constanta

No comments:

Post a Comment