Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another day of hard work


Today me and Pepe finished the new pig enclosure. It was hard work but I realise it could be allot harder if it wasn't for the electric wire that Pepe uses to keep the pigs enclosed. I don't agree with it but I'm not saying anything since it's a bad period that the family goes through. I'm also too tired to try and convey a message of morals in Italian. To bad I didn't take a picture but after finishing the work I looked like a wall on the edge of a country road after a rainy day. I felt so miserable in my big boots that I took them of and went along the property barefooted taking photos.

I found two types of mushrooms that I photographed and will ask Pio if he knows if they are edible or not. Later in the day when Pio came he let me know he doesn't know if they are good to eat or not but he can show me ones that he knows for sure are edible. We went to look for "chiodini", small mushrooms that grow in unplowed fields with low pasture. You can easily spot the place they grow in because the grass is darker in those spots and usually grows in semi circles. The "chiodini" are small, fragile mushrooms that at the moment I think I could recognise (they are not in the photos). We also picked "erba cipollina" (wild onions) and thyme.

The only bad news today was that someone used the laptop improperly the other day and some small part in the network card is broken. We have to use Luisa's computer for Internet but it's incredibly slow. Patience is the key word.

Radu Burtescu - Romania, Constanta

No comments:

Post a Comment